Search Marketing Resources
Search is constantly changing – rapidly, exponentially. No one person can master or even know it all. As outlined in “Learning” on the Job – SEO Ninja Training:
“SEO is like Karate. It’s a martial art. Serious SEO ninjas never stop training.” ~ Dana Lookadoo
Worksheets & Presentations
Team Yo! Yo! SEO is developing templates, worksheets, and presentations to help you so “You’re NOT On Your Own” in SEO when building your online visibility. Below are some of our search marketing resources free and and publicly available:
- Website Redesign Planning Template:
Use this sheet to plan your website redesign (or new site) starting with Goals and Conversion Events, Content & Features Wish List, Content Inventory, Keyword Research, Site Information Architecture & Content, Blog IA Specifications, Redirects, Quality Assurance and Testing, Link Reclamation. YES, there is a worksheet for each of these!
- Competitive Analysis for Ad Optimization:
Writing ads is just one part of successful PPC campaigns. Get tips for analyzing your competition to beat them and how to know what your searcher cares about. Juice up your ads!
- Structured Social Sharing Worksheet:
Learn 10 best practices for optimizing social sharing for Facebook, Google+, and Twitter and how to optimize your social shares using Open Graph Protocol microdata and how to track efforts with UTM tracking variables. Download the Structured Social Sharing Formula Worksheet to track it all. BONUS: It contains a URL builder to tag your shares for analytics.
- 301 Redirects Worksheet:
Download an Excel worksheet for managing and tracking your rewrites. The file is useful as prep for a site migration/relaunch, fixing 404 errors, when pages are removed from your site, and external link reclamation.
- Information Architecture & Content Worksheet:
Download an Excel worksheet to use as a template for planning your website information architecture, on-page optimization, content creation, and the publishing process.
- From Information Architecture to Killer Content – Presentation at PubCon Las Vegas in which Dana Lookadoo explained key aspects of planning online visibility and how to use the IA & Content Worksheet throughout the process.
- Optimizing Your Practice For Online Visibility:
Presentation and worksheets from a CEU course taught to CAMFT (California Marriage & Family Therapists) to provide them with understanding of what it takes to be visible online (in Google, Bing, and social media). Download the following:
Search Marketing Resources
The following lists contain resources, communities and blogs recommended for keeping your ear to the SEO ground.
Search Marketing News
- Search Engine Roundtable
- Search Engine Land
- Search Engine Journal
- Search News Central
- Top Rank Blog
- Search Engine Watch
- Marketing Pilgrim
Technical Search-Related Resources
- Avinash Kaushik: Occam’s Razor
- Richard Baxter: SEO Gadget
- Garrett French: Citation Labs
- Debra Mastaler: The Link Spiel
- Alan Bleiweiss: Search Marketing Wisdom
- aimClear Blog
- Search Engine People Blog
- David Mihm: Local SEO Blog
DISCLAIMER: This list is not meant to be exhaustive nor is it complete.