Yes! Dana Lookadoo is speaking at SMX West to be held in San Jose from February 28 to March 1, 2012. OK, forget the formal third-person tense of addressing me, myself, and I. Forget the press release… I’m just plain EXCITED to have the opportunity to join a stellar lineup of 130 seasoned speakers seasoned at the conference! Our 5-person panel will focus on SEO and CMS migration. Speakers include myself plus:
- Jessica Bowman of SEOinhouse.com
- Rhea Drysdale of Outspoken Media
- Ryan Jones of Team Detroit
- Shari Thurow of Omni Marketing
- My portion of the session on SEO essentials and website migration will cover real-life lessons and tactical steps for planning, implementing, and dealing with possible fallout. I’ll present a big-picture overview of the key points and pitfalls with primary focus on the importance of SEO. The CMS doesn’t matter. Whether one is moving to Joomla, Drupal, WordPress, or SharePoint, the principles to be shared are the same.
- Jessica will address team and communication issues with tips for getting everyone on board, setting the plan/schedule.
- Rhea will give heady insights into link-related concerns, especially external link IDs, prioritization, and reclamation.
- Ryan and Shari will share some case studies and real-life versions of how all this CMS migration stuff works.
Why is Search Marketing Expo a big deal?
That’s all I have to say about it for now. Hurry! SMX West Early-Bird rates expire Saturday, 1/28/2012. Register. Save. Be there!
Do make sure to join our session for tons of insights about what many dread – website migration. We’ll show you how to keep it SEO-friendly!